Update(09.02.2014): KVS PRT Primary Teacher Exam Answer Key Dec 2013 available for download
PGT Exam 2013 – KVS has invited online applications from Indian Citizens for recruitment to the Teaching and Miscellaneous Teaching posts for the year 2013-14 including recruitment for Post Graduate Teachers (PGT).
LAST DATE OF ONLINE SUBMISSION: 28 August 2013
PGT Exam 2013 – No. of Vacancies
Total No. of vacancies for PGT is 793. The subject-wise breakup is given below:
- English: 85 Posts
- Hindi: 69 Posts
- Physics: 85 Posts
- Chemistry: 82 Posts
- Economics: 56 Posts
- Commerce: 94 Posts
- Maths: 91 Posts
- Biology: 75 Posts
- History: 34 Posts
- Geography: 39 Posts
- Computer Science: 80 Posts
- Bio-technology: 03 Posts
PGT Exam 2013 – Schedule
|Commencement of Online Registration||29 July 2013 (Monday)|
|Last Date of Online Registration||28 August 2013 (Wednesday)|
|Last Date for receipt of print out of completed application, along with prescribed KVS bank challan where applicable and self-attested copies of testimonials at “Post Box No. 3076, Lodi Road, New Delhi-110003″||12 September 2013 (Thursday)|
|Uploading of Admit Cards for Written Test to the website of provisionally eligible candidates (It may be noted that admit cards for written test will not be sent by post. Candidates have to download them from the website only.)||To be announced later|
|Date of Written Examination||To be announced later|
PGT Exam 2013 – Scheme of Examination
For the post of Post Graduate Teachers (PGTs), Part I will comprise of 40 multiple choice questions in English and Hindi subjects carrying 20 marks each (total 40 marks). Part II will consist of 160 multiple type questions of 1 mark each comprising Current Affairs (20), Reasoning and Numerical Ability (20), Teaching Methodology (20) and the subject concerned (100) questions. The test will be of 03 hours duration. The Part II of the candidate will be evaluated only if he/she qualifies Part I securing 5 marks each in English & Hindi subjects and 13 marks in aggregate in English and Hindi. The final merit will be based on the performance of the candidate in written test (Part II) and interview. The weightage of written test (Part II) and interview will be 70:30.
PGT Exam 213 – Age Limit / Reservations and Relaxations
Upper Age Limit (As on 28.08.2013) : 40 Years
- Relaxation in upper age limit will be as under:
- No age bar in the case of employees of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan.
- Upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of SC/ ST candidates.
- Upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of OBC candidates.
- Upto 5 years for persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during 01.01.80 to 31.12.89.
- Upto a maximum of 5 years for Government Servants.
- Upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of SC/ST and 08 years in the case of OBC candidates serving as Govt. employees in accordance with the Govt. of India instructions. An applicant claiming age relaxation under this para should produce a certificate from his/her employer to the effect that he/ she is a Govt. servant as on the date of advertisement.
- Upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of Physically Challenged candidates.
- Upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of women candidates for teaching posts only.
Note 1: Except for Physically Challenged candidates, all the concessions mentioned above will be concurrent, that is, if a person is eligible for more than one concession, only one of the concessions of the highest permissible limit, will be granted. For Physically Challenged, if a person belongs to SC/ST, he/she will be allowed 15 years, i.e., 10 years for Physically Challenged and 5 years for SC/ST.
PGT Exam 2013 – General Conditions
- The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility condition(s).
- Mere issue of Admit Card to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the KVS.
- Only Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) pass candidates are eligible to apply for the posts of TGT (English/Hindi/Sanskrit/Maths/Science/Social Studies) and Primary Teacher.
- The KVS takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidates have qualified for interview.
- Since the posts advertised are Group ‘B’ posts, there is no reservation for Ex-servicemen.
- Fee once paid will NOT be refunded under any circumstances.
- No fee is required to be paid by SC/ST and Persons with disability candidates.
- The vacancies may vary. They may increase or decrease.
- 5% relaxation in CTET marks has been given to the candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC and persons with disability category. Candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC and persons with disability categories who have passed CTET with 82 marks or more are eligible to apply for the posts of TGT (English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Maths, Science and Social Studies) and Primary Teacher as per their eligibility for the post.
- Note: Candidates can apply for only one subject under PGT
PGT Exam 2013 – Clarification
In case you require any clarifications regarding the advertisement please send an e-mail to [email protected] Please note that no other form of communication will be entertained including telephone calls, conventional mail, fax etc.
PGT Exam 2013 – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
To apply online for PGT Exam 2013 click here.