Kerala SSLC Exam 2014 / Kerala 10th Exam 2014 / Kerala 10th (SSLC) Exam 2014 Schedule
Pareekshabhavan, Kerala has announced the schedule for SSLC Exam March 2014.
The Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) Examination March 2014 is scheduled to be conducted from 10.03.2014 (Monday) to 22.03.2014 (Saturday).
The examination will be held only in Grading System as per the Government Orders GO (MS) 200/2006/G.Edn dtd. 14.08.2006 and GO(MS) 12/2007 G.Edn Dept. dtd. 20.01.2007. Candidates who have first appeared for the SSLC examination from 2004-05 to 2010-11 and not passed in any of the subjects can appear for the examination in Old Scheme. Those candidates who have first appeared for SSLC examination in 2011-12 can appear for the examination in the New Scheme.
Details of the Examination in New Scheme
- As per the order GO (Rt) No.4610/2012/G.Edn. dtd. 28.09.2012 Information Technology examination will be for 50 marks instead of 40 marks as in the previous years. Theory examination is not conducted as a written examination but it will be along with the practical examination using computer.
- SSLC Regular students will have to appear written examination for 9 papers as in the previous years. All the papers include continuous evaluation too.
- The scores for written examination and continuous evaluation for English Mathematics and Social Science papers will be 80 and 20 respectively and for the other papers, except Information Technology, this will be 40 and 10.
- For Information Technology, the score for continuous evaluation, theory examination and practical examination will be 10, 10 and 30 respectively.
- The time allotted for the written examination papers with 80 score will be 2½ hours and for papers with 40 score, it will be 1½ hours. All examinations will have 15 minutes as cool off time at the beginning.
- The grades obtained by a candidate will be recorded in the SSLC card. No score will be recorded.
- Grades will be awarded in 9 point grading scale.
|Grade||Range||Grade Value||Grade Position|
|A+||90% to 100%||9||Outstanding|
|A||80% to 89%||8||Excellent|
|B+||70% to 79%||7||Very Good|
|B||60% to 69%||6||Good|
|C+||50% to 59%||5||Above Average|
|C||40% to 49%||4||Average|
|D+||30% to 39%||3||Marginal|
|D||20% to 29%||2||Need Improvement|
|E||Below 20%||1||Need Improvement|
To be qualified for higher studies, the candidate should score at least D+ grade (30-39%) for each paper considering the total scores of Continuous Evaluation, Written Examination/Theory and Practical Examination.
For full text of the Notification by Pareekshabhavan regarding Kerala SSLC Exam 2014 Click Here.
For further details visit: http://www.keralapareekshabhavan.in