National Talent Search Examination, 2013-14 – Important Instructions for filling the Application Form
The National Council of Education Research and Training will conduct the National Talent Search Examination for the year 2013-14. Click here to see the details.
In this regard, NCERT has issued the following instructions/guidelines on how to fill the application. This would be useful for both the candidates as well as the principals of schools in filling up the application for correctly.
Instructions for the Candidates/Principal of Schools For Filling up the Application Form For State Level National Talent Search Examination, 2013-14 and Indian Students Studying Abroad for NTSE,
1. Use Legal (8.5” x 14”) size paper for taking print.
Instructions for Filling up the Application Form for State Level National Talent Search Examination
2. This application form is meant for the students appearing at the State Level NTS examination conducted by each State/ UT.
3. The candidate/Principal of the school must confirm the last date for submission of Application Form and where to submit it, from the State/ UT liaison officer. No application should be sent to NCERT.
4. The candidate/Principal must deposit the application fee, if any, prescribed by state/union territory with the application form.
5. The candidate/ Principal should leave the 4-digit Center code blank, to be filled by the liaison officer/ concerned district officer/ Center Superintendent.
6. Incomplete/wrongly filled in application forms are liable to be rejected.
7. Applicants are requested to refer/consult the application form, published by the States/ UTs, for caste category reservation. Some options of Caste Category (like OBC, Other 1 and Other 2), given in the form are applicable for the State/ UT only. No reservation will be given against these categories by the NCERT in the national level examination.
8. NCERT is not responsible, if any other item, which is not given in the common application form, has been included by the State/UT.
Instructions for Indian Students Studying Abroad
9. The Indian Students Studying Abroad should fill the relevant items of the application forms and should forward it to NCERT along with Class IX mark sheet latest by March 31, 2014, for consideration.
10. Please mention the name of State/ UT, where the candidate wants to appear in the national level NTS examination, in the covering letter.