PMRD Fellows Scheme – Apply for 2014 Recruitment – TISS – PMRDFS
PMRD Fellows Scheme is an initiative of Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Government of India (GoI) in collaboration with State Governments. The Fellowship has the twin objective of engaging young professionals to work with District Collectors in improving the development programmes as well as to build them as a cadre of development facilitators, who will be available as a ready resource for rural development activities over a long term.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), as a partner of MoRD is requested to facilitate and anchor the selection and training of the PMRD Fellows.
Applications are sought through an open advertisement across the country. All candidates fulfilling the criteria shall appear for an online test scheduled on Sunday, 15th December 2013 from any of the 40 centres across the country. Those wishing to apply should fill an online form with an application processing fee of Rs. 750. Candidates from SC and ST categories with income below the level stipulated by the GoI are required to pay Rs. 250.
The eligibility criteria for selection as a PMRD Fellow shall be the following:
- Age between 22-27 years at the time of application. For candidates belonging to SC/ST category, the maximum age limit will be 32 years.
- At the minimum a graduate from a recognized university/institute with a four-year degree course, including those like Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Engineering, Law, Medicine etc., or a post-graduate from a recognized University/ Institute (in case of a graduate holding degree of a course duration of three years or less). Those with degree from universities outside India that are recognised by Association of Indian Universities can also apply. Only those candidates who have completed all requirements and received degree are eligible to apply.
- At least 50% marks in the aggregate or equivalent grade at the graduate or Post-graduate level, whichever is qualifying.
- Physical fitness, certified by Government Medical Hospital due to the arduous nature of work involved.
- Knowledge of local language and customs.
- Work experience in related fields.
- Excellence in extra-curricular activities like art, culture, sports etc. at High School/College level.
- Leadership role in College/ High School/ Work Place.
- 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes and 15% for Scheduled Tribes.
- Candidates are not required submit mark sheets, degree certificates, reference letters and fitness certificate along with the application.
- Only those candidates finally selected are required to submit mark sheets and degree certificates. The Selection Committee reserves the right to seek additional information from persons listed as references, employers, etc.
- Fill the application and submit it online. The applicant will receive an acknowledgement of its receipt. All information asked for must be provided. Make sure to review the application for its completeness. Incomplete applications will be automatically rejected. Those giving wrong information in the online application form but get through AICAT will be rejected at the time of verification before final selection. Anyone found to have given wrong information and false certificates are liable for immediate dismissal and penal action at any stage of selection process or fellowship.
Three stage assessment process includes:
- All India Competency Assessment Test (AICAT) (Online): 15th December 2013AICAT is an assessment of their understanding and orientation, and problem-solving abilities in a positive manner. Applicants will be shortlisted based on their performance in the AICAT.
- Written Test (Issue based): 5th January 2014
- Personal Interview: 5th & 6th of January 2014Shortlisted candidates will be tested using tools like essay writing & interview to ascertain their motivation, leadership, professional skills and pro-poor orientation.
Selection Schedule / Important Dates
|6th Nov 2013||Announcement Inviting Applications Online Application process opens|
|30th Nov 2013||Last date of submission of completed application|
|15th Dec 2013||All India Competency Assessment Test (Online)|
|19th Dec 2013||Announcement of merit list based on the All India Competency Assessment Test (AICAT) separately for GN, SC, ST groups for progression to final stage of selection. Short-listed candidates must indicate preferred location from the list - Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Cochin, Bhopal, Raipur, Allahabad, Guwahati - for appearing in the final stage of selection.|
|5th & 6th Jan 2014||Final Stage of Selection:|
Written test (issues focused) followed by Personal Interview
|16th Jan 2014||Publication of 1st Merit list of 140 candidates (merit list as per reservation norms); 13th January 2014, 2nd merit list to fill vacant positions.Those accepting the offer must also indicate the option of starting training program at TISS Mumbai campus in the 1st cohort (starting 17th February 2014) or 2nd cohort (starting 12th May 2014).|